At Quinn Thomas, we believe we’re only as good as the people we hire. And we hire the best.
Every person in our Portland or Seattle office plays a part in delivering results to our clients. If you are an expert in your field and passionate about marketing communications, brand strategy, public relations and issues management, we invite you to explore the career opportunities below.
Current Job Opportunities
Assistant Account Executive - PORTLAND
Position: Assistant Account Executive
Location: Portland, Oregon
Quinn Thomas is seeking a talented communications professional at the Assistant Account Executive level to join our growing team in Portland. This person will play an integral role in supporting a diverse portfolio of clients from Fortune 500 companies to established local brands and business associations. The ideal candidate will have some corporate communications or public relations experience and a desire to grow their skills while learning from experienced communications professionals.
Who We Are:
Quinn Thomas provides integrated communications for clients who want to throw out the playbooks and challenge conventional wisdom. We’re a young yet established agency that is rapidly growing in the Pacific Northwest and looking for the right person to support our stellar client roster.
Quinn Thomas is focused on building the best team of communications professionals in the Pacific Northwest. An important part of that is investing in entry-level talent through our structured and nurturing management and mentorship program.
What You’ll Do:
- Support creative, integrated communications campaigns to include paid, earned and owned strategies
- Conduct research and share insights with account teams (social and digital trends, editorial calendars, media/stakeholder list development, speaking engagements, advertising packages)
- Track, compile and analyze client media coverage and PR results
- Learn and leverage the latest deep listening and social media management software such as Critical Mention and Sprout
- Produce strong written materials including news releases, pitch letters, ad copy, web content and social media posts
- Under the leadership of an Account Manager, lead execution of media relations, influencer collaborations, events and other communications activities on behalf of our clients
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of communications skills
- Live Quinn Thomas’s core values of accountability, passion, curiosity, fearlessness, and tirelessness
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Have one year of relevant post-college work experience or a significant internship
- Must work well within a small, high-performing, collaborative team environment
- Proficiency and understanding of integrated communications programs
- Ability to meet account manager’s expectations and deadlines while maintaining careful attention to detail and quality
- Possess solid research, writing, and editing skills
- Computer savvy with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite design skills a plus
Full-time employee benefits:
- Salary is highly competitive with marketing communications industry standards in the Northwest marketplace
- Employer-sponsored medical benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid medical leave (maternity, paternity, illness, caring for a sick family member)
- Employer-sponsored 401 (k) plan with matching and profit-sharing opportunities
- Opportunity for an annual bonus and performance-based spot bonuses
- Professional learning and development program
- Employer-sponsored networking, conferences and industry events
- Staff time allocated to quarterly philanthropic contributions important to the team
- Happy hours and activities for all-team bonding
- Three weeks of accrued paid-time-off (PTO) in the first year of tenure
- Four weeks of accrued PTO after the first year of tenure
- 8 days of paid time off for holidays
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].