Current Job Opportunities
Senior Account Executive, Strategic Communications
Position: Senior Account Executive, Strategic Communications, PR and Advocacy
Location: Seattle, Washington
Is your passion for leading creative, strategic communications programs rivaled only by your expertise and desire to be more engaged in healthcare?
If so, we have the job for you.
Quinn Thomas is one of the fastest growing strategic communications agencies in the Northwest. We’re seeking a highly motivated communications professional to join our team of communications, creative, and digital strategists.
In the role, you’ll get to work and lead cutting-edge communications strategies and execution for Washington State’s largest hospital system. And you’ll dive in to healthcare policy and work with patients and advocates to ensure their voices are heard in Olympia and in the press.
This is a unique role in healthcare PR that combines expertise in strategic communications with patient advocacy to move the needle on brand, reputation, and policy issues that matter to patients. The role has significant growth potential and the successful candidate will have many opportunities to work on accounts across industries and communications disciplines.
Quinn Thomas’ mission is to set a new standard for strategic communications, and we’re creating a culture to match that vision. Here is what you need to know:
Quinn Thomas is a strategic communications firm that exists for the simple purpose of helping others see the world differently. We provide public relations, creative strategy, and issues management support for clients that want to throw out the playbooks and challenge conventional wisdom.
Position Overview: We are seeking an early to mid-career professional to lead a portfolio of healthcare clients in Washington State and help grow our presence in the market.
- Lead the development and execution of strategic communications and healthcare advocacy programs for corporate, government, and not-for-profit clients.
- Lead day-to-day client interactions and ensure the success of client priorities.
- Manage client relationships during meetings, conference calls, media inquiries, and project management.
- Develop and own relationships with local and national reporters.
- Execute client deliverables in any and all areas of an engagement.
- Design and manage media monitoring and coverage reporting strategies.
- Manage and mentor junior staff at the account level and by supporting their broader development goals.
- Support the development and production of business and client proposals and presentations.
- Some local and regional travel required throughout the year, including meetings in our Portland office.
- A desire to do things differently – and to work with a team that dislikes cookie-cutter solutions.
- A belief in the core values of curiosity, accountability, tirelessness, passion, and fearlessness.
- The ability to see the big picture beyond the day-to-day tasks and busy work, and to maintain focus on clear goals for every client and campaign.
- The ability to flex by taking on projects big and small depending on client needs.
- An unwavering respect for the value of research and strategy as the foundation of doing great, innovative work.
- An appreciation for the urgency of today’s communications environment, the pressures under which clients live, and the role we play in calmly navigating these waters.
- Calculated risk should feel normal, not risky.
- Must work well within a small, high-performing team environment and be comfortable with internal accountability.
- 3-5 years of experience in public relations, public affairs and/or marketing. Experience working in an agency or consulting environment is preferred.
- Excellent and diverse writing abilities.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research and how to utilize it in strategy and message development.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic communications plans and a general understanding of the legislative process.
- High attention to detail, including an understanding of creative development, print production, materials delivery, and budget management.
- An ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- An understanding of today’s news environments and media trends, including the influences of social media tools.
- Salary is highly competitive with Northwest marketplace and marketing communications industry standards
- Flexible work schedule grounded in QT’s core values
- Employer-sponsored medical benefits
- Health savings account fully funded by Quinn Thomas
- Paid medical leave (maternity, paternity, illness, caring for a sick family member)
- Employer-sponsored 401 (k) plan with matching and profit-sharing opportunities
- Opportunity for annual bonus and performance–based spot bonuses
- Employer-sponsored professional learning and development program
- Employer-sponsored networking, conferences and industry events
- Staff time allocated to quarterly philanthropic contributions important to team
- Three weeks of accrued paid-time-off (PTO) in the first year of tenure
- Four weeks of accrued PTO after first year of tenure
- 7 ½ days of paid time off for holidays
Quinn Thomas is an equal opportunity employer. Salary for this position is competitive. Position includes health care, eligibility to participate in 401(k) plan, and professional and career development pathways.
If you are interested, please email a resume and cover letter to: [email protected].