Careers at Quinn Thomas.
At Quinn Thomas, we believe we’re only as good as the people we hire. And we hire the best.
Every person in our Portland or Seattle office plays a part in delivering results to our clients. If you are an expert in your field and passionate about marketing communications, brand strategy, public relations and issues management, we invite you to explore the career opportunities below.
Position: Account Manager, Corporate Communications
Location: Remote work, located in the Northwest
Quinn Thomas, one of the fastest growing marketing communications and brand strategy agencies in the Northwest, is hiring an account manager to join our stellar team. We are seeking a highly motivated communications professional with a desire to throw out the play books and think differently.
This role will lead corporate communications and public relations programs for well-known corporate brands as well as local clients throughout Oregon and Washington. This role will be responsible for leading and motivating account teams across the agency to bring to life creative solutions, measurable communications results and business outcomes for our clients. Quinn Thomas offers employees the option to work remote or from one of our offices in Portland and Seattle.
Quinn Thomas’ mission is to set a new standard for strategic communications, and we’re creating a culture to match that vision. Quinn Thomas is a marketing communications firm that exists for the simple purpose of helping others see the world differently. We provide integrated marketing campaigns, public relations, and brand creative strategy support for clients that want to throw out the playbooks and challenge conventional wisdom.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a diverse portfolio of corporate PR accounts including WA state’s largest hospital system, local CSR for a nationwide bank, and a cancer treatment center.
- Design communications plans, account strategies and marketing plans for existing and new clients.
- Serve as day-to-day account lead, building relationships and trust with clients across accounts.
- Lead and motivate account teams to deliver on client goals and outcomes; manage and mentor junior staff.
- Develop relationships with media and community stakeholders that align with client needs.
- Ensure account deliverables are aligned to account strategy and serve the clients needs.
- A desire to do things differently – and to work with a team that dislikes cookie-cutter solutions.
- A belief in the core values of curiosity, accountability, tirelessness, passion, and fearlessness.
- The ability to see the big picture beyond the day-to-day tasks and busy work, and to maintain focus on clear goals for every client and campaign.
- The ability to flex by taking on projects big and small, depending on client needs.
- An unwavering respect for the value of research and strategy as the foundation of doing great, innovative work.
- An appreciation for the urgency of today’s communications environment, the pressures under which clients live, and the role we play in calmly navigating these waters.
- Must work well within a small, high-performing team environment and be comfortable with internal accountability.
- Must reside in Oregon or Washington and maintain knowledge of the business and media marketplace.
- 5-7 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations and/or marketing.
- Experience working in an agency or consulting environment is preferred.
- Excellent and diverse writing abilities for multiple voices and audiences.
- Experience building and managing social media campaigns.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research and how to utilize it in strategy and message development.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic communications plans and a general understanding of the legislative process.
- High attention to detail, including an understanding of creative development, print production, materials delivery, and budget management.
- An ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- An understanding of today’s news environments and media trends, including the influences of social media tools.
- Remote workplace with option to utilize office space in Seattle and Portland.
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
- Paid medical leave (maternity, paternity, illness, caring for a sick family member).
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) plan with automatic employer contributions as well as profit-sharing opportunities.
- Opportunity for annual bonus and performance-based spot bonuses.
- Employer-sponsored professional learning and development programs.
- Employer-sponsored networking, conferences and industry events.
- Regular teambuilding activities and company-wide retreats.
- Staff time allocated to annual philanthropic activities.
- Three weeks of paid time off (PTO) accrued at 10 hours a month in year one; four weeks in year two accrued at 13.33 hours per month.
- 5 days of paid holidays.
Quinn Thomas is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please email a resume, portfolio and cover letter to [email protected]. No calls, please.
As my summer internship with Quinn Thomas draws to a close and I look toward the next step in my career, I’ve learned there’s one part of the interview process that can have a significant impact on how the hiring team looks at a candidate. While you may be focusing on...