Careers at Quinn Thomas
At Quinn Thomas, we believe we’re only as good as the people we hire. And we hire the best.
Every person in our Portland or Seattle office plays a part in delivering results to our clients. If you are an expert in your field and passionate about marketing communications, brand strategy, public relations and issues management, we invite you to explore the career opportunities below.
Paid Graphic Design Internship
Position: Paid Graphic Design Internship, Summer 2021
Location: REMOTE with knowledge of Seattle / Pacific Northwest Market
Quinn Thomas is seeking a graduating senior or recent college graduate for our Summer Internship Program. This person will play an important role in supporting our graphic design projects within our creative department for our diverse portfolio of clients. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a career in graphic design, marketing communications and brand strategy and possess a drive to grow and learn professional communications skills.
Our firm focuses on integrated marketing communications across the retail, healthcare, energy, education, transportation and natural resource sectors.
Who We Are:
Quinn Thomas provides integrated marketing communications for clients who want to throw out the playbooks and challenge conventional wisdom. We’re a rapidly growing agency in the Pacific Northwest, and we’re looking for the right person to support a stellar client roster and agency growth.
Quinn Thomas is focused on building the best team of marketing and creative professionals in the Pacific Northwest. An important part of that is investing in entry-level talent through our structured and nurturing management and mentorship program.
What You’ll Do:
The following are the primary roles and responsibilities you will be asked to carry out as a graphic design intern at Quinn Thomas:
- Assist the Creative Director in the development and production of creative campaigns
- Translate client needs and branding strategies into design executions
- Design visual concepts using graphic design tools including design software
- Select colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate creative concepts
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, internal team and vendors to create creative assets
- Articulate and pitch design concepts to the Creative Director and internal teams
- Assist Creative Director in building presentation decks and designing new business proposals
- Currently a senior in college or a recent graduate
- Able to meet Creative Director’s expectations and deadlines while maintaining careful attention to detail and quality
- Must work well within a small, high-performing team environment
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Quinn Thomas’ core values (passionate, fearless, accountable, curious, tireless), code of ethics and business conduct
- Preferred Experience:
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint. Some experience in Adobe XD, After Effects and Sketch is wanted but not required
- Ability to evaluate choices critically, with the client needs in mind
- Ability to communicate design choices clearly
- Great multitasking skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge in print, digital and social platforms
What You’ll Do:
- Employer-sponsored professional learning, networking, conferences and industry events
- Staff time allocated to quarterly philanthropic contributions
- Happy hours and activities for all-team bonding once it is safe to do so
- This position is entirely remote. You will be provided technology and software required for the position.
Quinn Thomas is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please email resumes to: [email protected]
Position: Office Administrator
Location: Portland, Oregon
Quinn Thomas is one of the fastest-growing marketing communications agencies in the Northwest.
In this role, you’ll play an integral role in supporting the agency’s growth needs by providing important financial and administrative support to the leadership team. We’re looking for a strong background in financial management, a passion for taking care of the ever-so-important little things and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
Quinn Thomas’ mission is to set a new standard for marketing communications, and we’re creating a culture to match that vision. Quinn Thomas is a strategic communications firm that exists for the simple purpose of helping others see the world differently. We provide public relations, creative strategy, marketing, and issues management support for clients that want to throw out the playbooks and challenge conventional wisdom.
As the Office Administrator, you’ll maintain accurate and organized financial records, oversee database and project maintenance, manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, prepare monthly and quarterly taxes and process payroll. You will also administer, maintain and develop human resource policies and procedures, as well as take on the benefits administration. You’ll bring your passion for details to the table as you maintain compliance with federal and state employment regulations while regularly exercising independent judgment and discretion.
- 5-10+ years of recent, related experience
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in QuickBooks Pro
- Computer savvy with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-state payroll processing experience
- Salary is highly competitive with the Northwest marketplace and marketing communications industry standards
- Employer-sponsored medical benefits
- Paid medical leave (maternity, paternity, illness, caring for a sick family member)
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) plan with matching and profit-sharing opportunities
- Opportunity for annual bonus and performance-based spot bonuses
- Employer-sponsored professional learning and development program
- Employer-sponsored networking, conferences and industry events
- Staff time allocated to quarterly philanthropic contributions important to the team
- Three weeks of accrued paid-time-off (PTO) in the first year of tenure
- Four weeks of accrued PTO after first year of tenure
- 8 days of paid time off for holidays
Quinn Thomas is an equal opportunity employer. The salary for this position is competitive. Position includes health care, eligibility to participate in 401(k) plan, and professional and career development pathways.
Please email resumes to: [email protected]
As my summer internship with Quinn Thomas draws to a close and I look toward the next step in my career, I’ve learned there’s one part of the interview process that can have a significant impact on how the hiring team looks at a candidate. While you may be focusing on...