At Quinn Thomas, we believe we’re only as good as the people we hire. And we hire the best.
Every person in our Portland or Seattle office plays a part in delivering results to our clients. If you are an expert in your field and passionate about marketing communications, brand strategy, public relations and issues management, we invite you to explore the career opportunities below.
Current Job Opportunities
Account Manager, Public Affairs - PORTLAND
Position: Account Manager, Public Affairs
Location: Portland, Oregon
We know communications professionals have an abundance of opportunity these days. But, not all opportunities are created equal. We’d like you to consider what a smaller, high-performing team with a great client roster can offer: opportunities to lead accounts, greater input on strategy development, an ability to learn new skills, and a truly supportive environment where we have each other’s back. We are selective when it comes to new team members, but it’s generated a culture that fosters collaboration and fun. If this sounds like the kind of team you want to be part of, we invite you to read on.
- You will develop and lead communications plans across media relations, stakeholder management, third-party advocacy, and creative strategy.
- There will be accounts you’ll be asked to lead with minimal oversight. You will have support from above and below, but this role carries the responsibility that comes along with management.
- Project management and reporting across all account teams is a vital function of this position. You will have support for this, of course.
- You will develop content for multiple audiences and various communication channels across corporate communications, public relations and public affairs.
- You will lead stakeholder engagement strategies that mobilize audiences to take action on behalf of our clients.
- As part of client relations, you will serve in a client-facing role for national corporations and trade associations.
- As part of your team management responsibilities, you will mentor junior staff and collaborate with colleagues to advance firm operations.
- New hires must possess our core values: passionate, fearless, accountable, curious, tireless. We find that people who live these values fit our culture the best.
- Now for the hard skills: 5-7 years of experience in communications, public relations or public affairs; experience in healthcare, technology or manufacturing communications preferred.
- There are some non-negotiables: you must be a strong writer who can write for multiple audiences and a variety of communication channels. You should have experience with communication opinion research, which is the bedrock of most of our client strategy and plan development.
- Your ability to manage creative projects is a plus. Not every engagement contains a creative element, but many do.
- We are a small, high-performing team, and working well within that type of environment is critical.
- You must be willing to travel the Northwest for client engagements and projects. Travel isn’t frequent, but it will come up from time to time.
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Salary is highly competitive with Northwest marketplace and marketing communications industry standards
- Flexible work schedule grounded in QT’s core values
- Employer-sponsored medical benefits
- Health savings account fully funded by Quinn Thomas
- Paid medical leave (maternity, paternity, illness, caring for a sick family member)
- Employer-sponsored 401 (k) plan with matching and profit-sharing opportunities
- Opportunity for annual bonus and performance–based spot bonuses
- Employer-sponsored professional learning and development program
- Employer-sponsored networking, conferences and industry events
- Staff time allocated to quarterly philanthropic contributions important to team
- Three weeks of accrued paid-time-off (PTO) in the first year of tenure
- Four weeks of accrued PTO after first year of tenure
- 7 ½ days of paid time off for holidays
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls please.