Current Job Opportunities
Paid Internship - Portland
Quinn Thomas is seeking a recent graduate or incoming college senior for our Summer Internship Program in our Portland office. This person will play an important role in supporting a diverse portfolio of corporate and business association account duties, agency marketing and administrative work for our growing agency. The ideal candidate will have a desire to pursue a career in public relations and the drive to grow and learn professional communications skills.
Our firm focuses on a combination of public relations, public affairs, and creative communications across the retail, technology, healthcare, energy, education, transportation, and natural resource sectors.
The following are the primary roles and responsibilities you will be asked to carry out as an intern at Quinn Thomas:
- Assist with the development and production of business and client proposals and presentations
- Monitor print and broadcast media and compile reports for Quinn Thomas clients and leadership
- Support social media and 3rd party email accounts for both Quinn Thomas and clients
- Improve and manage Quinn Thomas’ contact database and external communications channels
- Develop media lists in support of client objectives
- Perform writing projects for Quinn Thomas clients, including background research, advocacy letters, press releases, social media content, among other assignments
- Staff client events and meetings with project management and administrative support
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Entering senior-year or a recent graduate with a degree in journalism, public relations or marketing communications
- Proficiency and understanding of media relations, social media strategy, content development, website, event management, brand creative management and communications research
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and report on news media aligned with client goals
- Ability to meet account managers expectations and deadlines while maintaining careful attention to detail and quality
- Proficient in public relations and/or journalism writing; AP Style
- Must work well within a small, high-performing team environment
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Quinn Thomas’s core values, code of ethics and business conduct
If you are interested, please email a resume and cover letter to: [email protected] by March 30, 2018.