THE COMMUNICATIONS CHALLENGE
The Washington Health Benefit Exchange (WAHBE) is a public-private entity responsible for operating Washington Healthplanfinder—an online marketplace for individuals, families and small businesses to find, compare, and enroll in health insurance. While there was already strong awareness of Healthplanfinder among Washingtonians, external pressures would make the 2018 open enrollment period difficult to attract customers.
THE QUINN THOMAS APPROACH
- Quinn Thomas developed highly targeted messaging and creative assets to reach specific audience segments.
- Quinn Thomas and Media+ lead a paid digital campaign to amplify our messaging across TV sponsorships, OTT, search engine management, and cross channel display retargeting – as well as music streaming (e.g., Pandora, Spotify), native, cross device/ mobile banner, and social media advertising.
- We generated media headlines highlighting WAHBE’s track record in utilizing technology to increase the user experience, the role WAHBE employees play in assisting Spanish-speaking customers with choosing a health plan, and the resources available at in-person enrollment centers statewide.
- WAHBE sponsored highly local events such as Olympia on Ice, the Central Washington Fair, and Zoo Lights – where we had a larger presence and more personal interactions with target audiences
Quinn Thomas, along with our paid media partner Media+, ran a highly targeted integrated paid, earned, and shared marketing campaign that resulted in WAHBE exceeding expectations for final enrollment and industry marketing benchmarks, a few highlights include:
- 222,363 health plan sign-ups on the website
- Paid search with a $5.99 cost per conversion and click-through rate of 8.78%
- Strong engagement rates among all social platforms, with click-through rates finishing at 0.56% – 1.18%.
- Ten unique earned media stories