Lone Rock Resources, an Oregon-based timber company, answered the State of Oregon’s call to purchase over 80,000 acres of state forest. Yet private ownership was certain to stir controversy and emotion.
QUINN THOMAS APPROACH
- Developed key strategic messages that focused on the unique nature of the proposal – an amazing partnership between Oregon’s native tribes and conservationists.
- Proactively announced submission of the bid and went on an aggressive earned-media campaign to clearly articulate key aspects of the partnership and long-term benefits of the proposal.
- Researched media outlets and reporters, trained spokespeople, identified third parties, and leveraged milestones to drive stories and messaging.
- 50+ media placements in the month following announcement
- Over 80% of the outlets pitched covered the story – with a 90% rate of key message pick-up.
- Three favorable op-eds were generated and published.
- The PR campaign earned four favorable editorials in Oregon newspapers.