Lone Rock Resources, an Oregon-based timber company, answered the State of Oregon’s call to purchase over 80,000 acres of state forest. Yet private ownership was certain to stir controversy and emotion.
QUINN THOMAS APPROACH
- QT developed key messages that focused on the unique nature of the proposal – an amazing partnership between Oregon’s native tribes and conservationists.
- QT proactively announced submission of the bid and went on an aggressive earned-media campaign to clearly articulate key aspects of the partnership and long-term benefits of the proposal.
- The team researched outlets and reporters, trained spokespeople, identified third parties, and leveraged milestones to drive stories and messaging.
- 50+ stories in the month following announcement
- Over 80% of the outlets pitched covered the story – with a 90% rate of key message pick-up.
- Three favorable op-eds were generated and published.
- The campaign earned four favorable newspaper editorials.