THE COMMUNICATION CHALLENGE
D.R. Johnson Wood Innovations was releasing a new product, Cross Laminated Timber, for a market that didn’t yet exist and needed a solid public relations and marketing communications plan.
QUINN THOMAS APPROACH
- Quinn Thomas conducted industry influencer interviews to identify the right positioning.
- Our public relations strategy was to promote the building material and make D.R. Johnson synonymous with the emerging market.
- We leveraged state grants, sole CLT project, research ties to OSU College of Forestry, and USDA desire to promote US manufacturing of wood products.
THE MARKETING RESULTS
- Designed and developed a new website, which earned nearly 9,000 unique visits in the first 6 months.
- Generated fifty articles or mentions in local and national publications with a strategic public relations campaign.
- Earned a CBS Sunday Morning piece that received 4 million total viewers with ad equivalency of $2.36 million.
- Organized four thought leadership events with notable architecture, political, policymaker, building codes professional, and industry influencers.
- PR awareness resulted in dozens of sales leads for D.R. Johnson.