THE COMMUNICATION CHALLENGE
To meet the urgent need for primary care physicians in Kitsap County, CHI Franciscan Health launched the Northwest Family Medicine Residency Program. As CHI’s communications agency of record, we were tasked with promoting the new program to CHI’s patient and healthcare influencers, using traditional and social media.
QUINN THOMAS APPROACH
- The team created an integrated strategic campaign centered around program milestones: program approval, national resident match day and the program start day.
- We managed the public relations strategy, key messages, CHI spokespeople, third-party spokespeople, media targets and tactics.
- A key tactic included the creation of two graphics to share with the press, on social media, and with employees. The program also utilized the materials in recruiting and education.
THE MEDIA RESULTS
- 4 local news stories announced the program over the course of the program milestones.
- Quinn Thomas also uncovered and promoted a compelling human interest story about a resident that had been delivered by the founding program director 20 years prior. This resulted in a story and video segment from a local news outlet, that was then picked up by USA Today‘s social media channel, Humankind Stories Facebook page, and seen by their millions of followers.