DR Johnson Wood Innovations was releasing a new product, Cross Laminated Timber, for a market that didn’t yet exist.
QUINN THOMAS APPROACH
- QT conducted industry influencer interviews to identify the right positioning.
- The team’s strategy was to promote the building material and make DR Johnson synonymous with the emerging market.
- Leveraged state grants, sole CLT project, research ties to OSU College of Forestry, and USDA desire to promote US manufacturing of wood products.
- Developed a new website (www.oregonclt.com) which earned nearly 9,000 unique visits in the first 6 months
- Generated 50 articles or mentions in local and national publications
- CBS Sunday Morning piece received 4 million total viewers with ad equivalency of $2.36 million
- Organized 4 thought leadership events with notable architecture, political, policymaker, building codes professional, and industry influencers
- Awareness resulted in dozens of sales leads for DR Johnson